Tuesday, April 26, 2016

M I R A C L E S

the head has been rolling non-stop for a few days now. There is so much to think about all the time. I wake up with my thoughts racing, then I chase after them as I run around the court in the morning, then at night it is a race trying to make all the calls needed and jej-ku I need a breath. I might have a slight aversion to cell-phones when I get home because I maybe sometimes want to chuck the one I have now out the window. Warning. 
I had the opportunity to go to Warsaw for a meeting. We talked about this upcoming transfer and some things to help set the tone. A big part of the discussion was about miracles. 
The Bible Dictionary says, MIRACLES: An extraordinary event caused by the power of God. Miracles are an important element in the work of Jesus Christ, being not only divine acts, but forming also a part of the divine teaching. Christianity is founded on the greatest of all miracles, the Resurrection of our Lord. If that be admitted, other miracles cease to be improbable. Miracles should not be regarded as deviations from the ordinary course of nature so much as manifestations of divine or spiritual power.Miracles were and are a response to faith and its best encouragement. They were never wrought without prayer, felt need, and faith.
Every day is a miracle, we should expect miracles. I've seen some special miracles on my mission. They aren't always big, they can be small. Sometimes it is having someone listen to you share a message, sometimes it is being okay with standing outside in the rain, sometimes it is safely avoiding sketchy situations at night time, successfully navigating yourself around Poland, brightening someone's day, meeting someone who in the moment before was wondering how they could learn more about Christ,or maybe it's simple like eating your avocado at the prime time. One miracle that I am totally a fan of is when people ask me if I'm from Ukraine. Do you know what that means? Yes I've been meeting a lot of Ukrainians, but also that I have a Ukranian accent. Hello family heritage and goodbye Canadian-Polish accent! (#miracle) I am so thankful for the richly blessed life I have been blessed with. 
There are miracles all around us, have the courage and faith to go and find them. 
Have a lovely week!
-my sister's in Warsaw (Sisters Carlson, Pierson, i ja) #MLC

-with all this mind racing, doing yoga with K for YW was probably for my own benefit... (the yoga video we used was absolutely hilarious and maybe there was more laughing than actual yoga-ing. Hey laughing is healthy too though, so it's all good!)


No comments:

Post a Comment