Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Week 9: NIE MOGE SIE DOCZEKAC!

NIE MOGE SIE DOCZEKAC! (I can not wait!)
I am left asking myself, "wait, is this real life?" Then the words from Elder Holland's devotional address come to mind, "THIS IS REAL LIFE." There is not messing around with Elder Holland.

On Monday Siostra Craig and I will be leaving the MTC and heading to Warsaw Poland, here is the flight itinerary!


















Here are some of the highlights from this past week at the MTC:

Siostra Craig and I were talking with a sister going to Japan. She asked what language we were speaking and we told her Polish. She said, "really? I heard Polish, Finnish, and Japanese, were the hardest languages in the MTC!." Before our teachers would always tell us the same thing, that Polish was one of the hardest languages. I thought maybe they were a little biased, but nope it is now official! Polish is one of the hardest languages at the MTC. 
That being said I love the Polish language. There is so much thought and care put into the grammar and the words. I really do feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to teach in Polish. The cases have come along nicely, I finally memorized all six. I have to spend a little time going over the plural form of the cases, but they are not as difficult and I already have a few memorized. what I love about the Polish language is the way it sounds: a little bit of an asian tang here, a throaty sound there, and maybe a little finnish... my point is that is is unlike any language I have ever heard. I love it and can not wait to hear the people speaking way too fast for me to understand when I'm in Poland!

The teachers. The teachers at the MTC are the best and definitely inspired to be here. We said goodbye to Brat Smalley yesterday, it may have been a little emotional and a little leaky. Today is our last day with our other two teachers. They have become like our mentors and I will miss them very much. They have spent so much time with us and have helped us in so many ways. I want to make them proud and can not wait to see them around BYU campus after mission life and give them a big hug!


Also along the musical lines I played the cello in one sacrament meeting. Sestra Duffy sang with her angelic voice and Elder Isaacson played the piano. We performed I Know That My Redeemer Lives and it really was a wonderful opportunity. I PUT THOSE CELLO LESSONS TO USE MOM AND DAD. Thank you for patiently encouraging me to keep playing the cello and practicing.


On Tuesday we had elder Nash from the area seventy came to speak with us. We sang in the choir, Precious Savior Dear Redeemer (music by Brett Stewart) and I had goosebumps the entire time.

Here are some of the lyrics:
Precious Savior, dear Redeemer, thou wilt bind the broken heart.
Let not sorrow overwhelm us; dry the bitter tears that start.
Curb the winds and calm the billows; bid the angry tempest cease.
Precious Savior, dear Redeemer, grant us everlasting peace.

At the end of Elder Nash's address he said, 'Don't Hold Anything Back from the Lord." 

I could maybe stay at the MTC for a whole year and still feel like there is still so much for me to learn. For in a very long time I finally feel like I am exactly where I am supposed to be. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us. When we match up our lives with His plan, we feel an overwhelming sense of joy and peace. I am so happy to be here and I am so excited to go and serve the people in Poland. There is still so much for me to learn, but I am also ready to go and learn out in the mission field. I recall a familiar feeling when I went skydiving last summer. I did not know exactly what I was doing, had I taken the time to stop and really ask myself if I knew what I was doing, I might have chickened out or had some kind of panick attack. However I went on that sketchy little airplane and I jumped into the big blue sky. I fell through clouds and looked down at the beautiful Earth and I love every single second of it. I am ready to go to Poland. I cam so excited to meet my mission President, the other missionaries, and the members. 

Until next time, when I'm in Poland, 
this is Siostra Young, leaving the MTC after nine weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment