Thursday, October 8, 2015

Oh CANADA!

"Hey I found Canada!" This week I wanted to express my gratitude for how richly my life has been blessed. I thought I would try to keep it to 20, something for each year I have. In Polish we say, "mam dwadziescia lat," (I have twenty years.)


1. the example of my Saviour Jesus Christ and His Atonement
2. goodly parents
3. being sealed with my family for time and all eternity in the temple
4. the Book of Mormon
5. temples
6. the capabilities of the human body
7. LOVE -which sounds cheesy and even I kind of flinch at the cheesiness of it all, but it is true!
8. the different seasons
9. art which inspires and teaches
10. music that uplifts 
11. a beautiful Earth 
12. a living prophet
13. nuts- almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans (you name it, and I am thankful for it) Right now there are nuts being sold on the streets with the fruit stands. The Polish understand my needs.
14. general conference! (If you haven't already seen it, go watch it.)
15. cultures and traditions
16. Keanna Woidak
17. Benjamin Jensen (I thought they deserved there own numbers)
18. opportunities to travel
19. opportunities to learn
20. the kindness which others have shown me and which they show to others. I have been blessed with the greatest of acquaintances and I am so thankful for their examples. Thank you!
AND well I can't just stop there! I love my companion Sister G who helps me so much. I am like a lost little puppy sometimes, she helps me by not helping me but then when I get really lost she is always there. I am so thankful for such a wonderful and considerate- not to mention PATIENT and loving companion. She really has made a big difference in the lives of the people here and in mine. I want you all to meet her and not only hear her Aussie accent but to know for yourselves what a delight this girl is! (She has a blog,siostragrgich.blogspot.com -i haven't visited it myself and well I hope are feelings are mutual!)
And well we maybe had interviews with the Mission President this weekend and let's just say there may be a good chance the common wealth companions will be together a little longer! No promises though. That begin said, for anyone wondering where to send mail, just in case I am not here in the future weeks to come, the mission address is the safest!
Love you all and have a HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING! Thank you everyone for the wonderful letters, I promise I will write back soon. Enjoy the pumpkins, cinnamon, warm tea, cider- it is one of my favorite times of the year.
Siostra MÅ‚oda


No comments:

Post a Comment