Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Miracle Skirt Story

FIRST OFF, my Miracle Skirt Story. Sorry I couldn't come up with a better and more creative title. Maybe A Skirt Full Of Miracles?

Nearing the end of my MTC visit, I packed up some things to send home. I debated over a couple skirts which where kind of riding on the Sister Missionary skirt guide line- they didn't go past my knee but ended at my knee. (It seems so silly and inconsequential I know.) Well I had decided to send a couple skirts home, afterwards though I realized I didn't have tons of clothes to being with and after I had even less!
Later on that day another Sister missionary was carrying two skirts and put them in the "free for grabs" bin. I went over and unfolded the skirts, they looked about my size. I went and tried them on and they were a perfect fit! I kept the red one because it looked warm and I thought it was fitting for Poland. 
I learned that it is true, when we do our best to live righteously we are blessed. Our Heavenly Father loves us and desires for us to be happy. He can bless us in both spiritual and temporal things. The red skirt reminds me of the commitment I made to my Father in Heaven when I decided to come to this Earth. I plan on wearing my miracle red skirt oft this Christmas season, mostly though because it is warm! 
"Christmas is not a day or a season, but a condition of heart and mind. If we love our neighbors as ourselves; if in our riches we are poor in Spirit and in our poverty we are rich in grace; if our charity vaunteth not itself, but suffereth long and is king; if when our brother asks for a loaf, we give ourselves instead; if each day dawns in opportunity and sets in achievement, however small- then every day is Christ's day and Christmas is always near." -James Wallingford (Words of Life, Charles L. Wallis Ed.)
This season Sister Grgich and I have been keeping busy by:

- teaching this little cutie in Primary



-making and delivering ciasteczka for almost everyone


-having a wonderful ognisko Bożego Narodzenia (Christmas fireside). We read from the Bible, sang songs, listened to a talk and some testimonies, sang kolędy and stuffed ourselves with kompot and gingerbread

this is S. Grgich and I and two lovely ladies we have been privliged to have met and been able to teach! We were so happy they could come to our ognisko! (NOTE: Polish people don't really smile in photos.)

just singing some kolędy. Most people had left, we had a few tricklers so we kept on singing.

-we attended the wedding of two of our "friends" (sounds much better than INVESTIGATORS.) We were so happy to be with them on this happy day!
​Oh they are just too cute. Maawiiiiage is what brings us together today.
-I had a fabulous exchange with ex comp S. Pierson who is serving in Szczecin. It was nice after our somewhat traumatic time in Warsaw. We were able to confirm that the emotional difficulties we went through weren't because we didn't like each other. Hopefully we will have an opportunity to serve together again. You can also get an idea of how adorable the markets are! Look at the size of that bread!!
-it is easy to enjoy the season when in such a beautiful city. Here are some of the city lights on Ul. Długa

our giant city choinka! 

No comments:

Post a Comment