Tuesday, April 26, 2016

gdańsk is my home

b-b-but Gdańsk is my home, I can't leave! I WON'T LEAVE. 

Transfer calls are this week. I really have no clue what is going to happen. S. Dekker and I just aren't going to think about it because it makes us sad. Next week I could be emailing you from a different computer. (It'll probably be on a Tuesday as well.)

This week we (Siostra Dekker i ja) started taking advantage of the opportunity we have to serve in this beautiful city. We started by taking some classic tourist photos with the lions. They're a classic symbol of Gdańsk.

-fierce lion



















-sleepy lion. Oh how that sunshine felt so good.


















We did a lot of finding this week. Generally when I think about finding all day everyday, I get a little exhausted and it can seem a little daunting. I was surprised when we reviewed our week that that is exactly what we did though. Lots of contacting and trackting. We had so much fun and we met some of the coolest people. Maybe that's just one of the perks of being companions with Sister Dekker. We always seem to enjoy whatever we're doing. Maybe that's one of the perks to missionary work. There is a satisfying joy that comes from sharing the gospel. 

Last night as we met with a less active, I was reminded of Mosiah 2:17, "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.".As I helped wrap one of the injured fingers of my dear sweet friend, I thought about the Savior and his ministry, along with the Apostles. They had such compassion and performed wonderful miracles. I love the word miracle in Polish, "cud". The adjective "cudowny" means wonderful. So a miracle is a wonder. I definitely

 performed no miracle, but I felt great compassion as I tried my best to tenderly wrap her finer and tie the not at the end of the material in a little bow. I felt so much love for this daughter of God. How much more love our Heavenly Father has for each and every one of us. The Savior Jesus Christ also loves us so, he came to this Earth specifically for each and every one of us, to teach his gospel, minister unto us, and perform his part of the Plan so that we could return to live with out Heavenly Father. I know that if only there was one person on the Earth, Christ would have still atoned for the sins of the man. What a supreme act of infinite and inspiring love. I am not the best example of remembering to look outwards and serving, but I can tell you that when we love our neighbours and serve them we are serving our Father in Heaven, and we will feel an empowerment of divine love.

Until next week, when I'll maybe not be emailing from Gdańsk- jej-ku. I've got to stop thinking about transfers, 

Siostra Young


No comments:

Post a Comment